Welcome to the new school year! I am so excited to welcome the new families to Laurel, as well as to welcome back those of you returning. I look forward to seeing you around campus and to serving with you through the PTO.
We will be providing some new and improved programs and opportunities this year (details will follow in the coming weeks).
- We have a new streamlined online Spirit Wear ordering process.
- We will have a new all-school yearbook (through a provider that works in conjunction with our student pictures provider), which will help us continue to strengthen our Laurel community as we move toward a two-campus/one-family community with the upcoming Laurel Upper and Lower split. This yearbook provider will allow for less-expensive books and reduced preparation requirements as well.
- We will be simplifying the Fall Family Picnic - we have some good ideas that will help us to provide greater food options, activities, and reduced volunteer needs, helping us to focus efforts on spending time together and strengthening our community ties.
- We have heard you and will continue to focus on reducing "asks" of you. We know that all of you are quite busy, so we plan to continue to limit volunteer time to those activities that are crucial to enhancing our children's experience at Laurel, as well as community building.
- We are also limiting asks by reducing our PTO campaign duration ( ), as well as the number of fundraisers (only three! - Book Fair, Sweetheart Bake Sale, and the Pop! Pop! Read a Lot! Challenge).
We would love to hear your feedback on how we can continue to provide enjoyable and rewarding opportunities for you to give back to Laurel and provide enhanced opportunities for our children.
I hope to see you at some of the valuable and fun activities we have coming up this year.
We strive to provide access for every student to assemblies, field trips, instructional materials and classroom supplies, Mrs. Beckstrom's music program (for Kinder-1st), Art in Action, computer-learning subscriptions, library programs, and popular events (like the STEAM Fair) - just to name a few.
We need your help to make these -- and much more -- a reality for our kids. More information will follow on how you can best contribute to the PTO and MPAEF to ensure that we are able to maintain and improve, the high level of support that we have experienced in our district schools to date.
ARE YOU IN? If you would like to get started now, you may make your donation and complete a Laurel PTO flyer here, as well as make a pledge to the MPAEF here. Your gift makes all the difference!
I am grateful for the opportunity to volunteer alongside you and am overwhelmed by the sheer volume of support and care that each of you gives to our Laurel students and community. Thank you for your service. I look forward to our new school year together!
Laurel PTO President